Today is the Day: Krispy Kreme Opening Day in Downtown Jersey City
Back in May, Krispy Kreme announced that they would be opening 6 locations in Hudson and Bergen counties, Downtown Jersey City was said to be the first one to open. Residents of Jersey City have been filled with great joy and anticipation since the announcement was made. Well the wait is over!! Signage outside of 95 Christopher Columbus Drive unveiled an opening date of Feb 7th. Be sure to stop by and see why people love Krispy Kreme’s donuts so much.
Mayor Fulop’s 2017 State of the City Address
Mayor Fulop will deliver the 2017 State of the City Address on 6 separate days and wards. The speech will highlight the increase of police officers and the creation of more affordable homes. The mayor has decided to speak to each ward separately so that he could speak about citywide issues and drill down on ward specific issues that matter most to community members. Below you will find the schedule days and wards for the State of the City address.
The State of the City Addresses will take place at 6:30 p.m. on each of the following dates:
- Ward F, Tuesday, Feb. 7th, Mary McLeod Bethune Center, 140 Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
- Ward A, Thursday, February 9th, CityLine Church, 1510 John F. Kennedy Boulevard
- Ward B, Thursday, February 23rd, St. Aloysius Academy, 721 West Side Avenue
- Ward C, Monday, February 27th, Franklin L. Williams M.S. 7, 222 Laidlaw Avenue
- Ward D, Thursday, March 2, Christa McAuliffe School P.S. 28, 167 Hancock Avenue
- Ward E, Tuesday, March 7th, Grace Church Van Vorst, 39 Erie Street
Will you be My Valentine?
This Saturday, February 11th at 7pm, the Light Rail Cafe will host its first annual “Me, Myself and We Concert and Open Mic”. Open bar is included for one hour. If you are looking for a nice event to do with the one you love this weekend, look no further.